The Northern New England Soccer League wishes to thank all of the players, coaches, and families on a successful season. With our final weekend of games taking place this past Saturday and Sunday, we couldn't have asked for better weather! There were several exciting games at Hampton Falls on Sunday that ended up deciding the league champion in the closing minutes, or even overtime!
Please stay safe this offseason, enjoy the holidays, and we look forward to seeing you again for Spring 2021.
Updated 10/30/20 7pm
Due to the snowfall affecting fields in Fremont and Hampton Falls, changes to the weekend's playoff schedule have been necessary. Please read through the changes below and be sure to notify your teams.
- ALL 11v11 semifinal and consolation games for the U13-U15 boys and girls divisions will be postponed to Saturday, November 7th. Slight modification to kickoff times must be made to account for daylight savings.
- Finals will be rescheduled for Sunday, November 8th, with the same kickoff times in place.
- All 9v9 Semifinal games will remain on as scheduled on Saturday, October 31st, as the fields in Somersworth and Rochester are in good condition.
- The two consolation games (U11 Boys and U11 Girls) scheduled for Hampton Falls on 10/31 have been moved to Sunday, November 1st in Somersworth. Teams have been notified of this change via email and system generated messaging. The online schedule reflects the changes.
All games that were scheduled to take place on Sunday, November 1st at Governor Weare Park in Hampton Falls have been postponed and will now take place on Sunday, November 8th.
Schedules on the NNESL/Gotsoccer website have been updated as of 7pm this evening reflecting the changes outlined above.
Please make sure all teams/families are aware of the information below prior to the start of the NNESL Playoff Weekend.
Check-In Procedure for Playoffs
For all games this weekend, one representative from your team (coach/asst coach/manager) should present the following for check-in:
- A printed copy of your roster (required), along with the names & player ID #s of any guest players. A printed copy of the roster for the guest player's primary team is also required.
- Only coaches whose names appear on the roster will be allowed in the bench area.
- Only NNESL rosters will be accepted at...
As we prepare for the upcoming playoffs that are scheduled to take place October 31-November 1, there are a a few items the league wishes to share with everyone.
Where we have seen an increase in COVID related scenarios and teams pausing activity during the past few weeks, we realize there could be a situation heading into playoff weekend where a team could be affected by a COVID related issue. If this situation should occur where a team is forced to suspend activity for the timeframe that involves the playoff weekend, the affected team will be withdrawn from the playoff format, resulting in a bye for the opposing team.
- For any #5v#6 consolation games, that game would not take place and the team receiving the forfeit would not advance.
- For any 1v4 or 2v3 semifinal, if a team withdraws, the opponent would receive a bye and move on to the final on Sunday, remaining consistent with the original playoff format.
While the situation outlined above is not ideal, NNESL is trying to outline possible scenarios for planning purposes as changes could come in last minute due to the nature of managing the playoff games within the current environment. We are hoping these changes are not necessary but in an effort to keep all member clubs informed of the process, we wanted to share the outline of the procedure prior to playoff weekend should something occur.
Also, for divisions where a game (or games) are unable to be played/completed prior to October 26th due to rainouts/suspended activity, NNESL will determine standings using a “points per game” formula for games that have been completed. This formula will only be used in divisions where un-played games remain on the schedule.
The Northern New England Soccer League's Fall 2020 Playoff Weekend will take place Saturday and Sunday, October 31-November 1st. Four member clubs will serve as the host sites for the U11-U15 boys and girls divisions: Hampton Attack, Fremont FC, ROSO SC, and RYSA.
Saturday is a full day of semifinal and consolation games for each division. 11v11 games will take place in Fremont and Hampton Falls, while 9v9 games will be spread between Somersworth, Rochester, and Hampton Falls. Sunday's finals for all 9v9 and 11v11 matches will take place at Governor Weare Park in Hampton Falls, NH.
Best of luck to all teams as we progress through the remaining weeks of league play!
The schedules for the Fall 2020 Northern New England Soccer League are now available!
The League is looking forward to our season kickoff on Saturday, September 12th, good luck to all teams!
Click here to view the Fall 2020 Schedule.
NNESL has released the divisional placements for the Fall 2020 season. Click here to view divisions by age group.
Division placements have now been finalized and we will begin the process of match generation and scheduling.
Below is the game schedule calendar for the Fall 2020 season (*subject to change).
Season Kickoff: Saturday, September 12th, 2020
6 league games will take place between 9/12/20 and 10/24/20, with possibly one mid-week game taking place during that timeframe (dates of mid-week game TBD, will vary by division). No league games will be scheduled for Columbus Day weekend (Saturday, October 10th).
Seeding for the NNESL playoff/consolation games (U11-U15 divisions, all teams) will be determined after the completion of the 6 regular season league matches. The NNESL playoffs will take place on Saturday, October 31st, 2020, with finals taking place Sunday, November 1st, 2020. If "play-in" games are required for some divisions, they will take place Friday, October 30th.
The NNESL Board in conjuction with the Competition Committee has adopted the following Roster recommendations for the upcoming seasons:
NNESL Roster Recommendations
Beginning August 2019