Please make sure all teams/families are aware of the information below prior to the start of the NNESL Playoff Weekend.
Check-In Procedure for Playoffs
For all games this weekend, one representative from your team (coach/asst coach/manager) should present the following for check-in:
- A printed copy of your roster (required), along with the names & player ID #s of any guest players. A printed copy of the roster for the guest player's primary team is also required. See below for rules regarding guest players.
- Only coaches whose names appear on the roster will be allowed in the bench area.
- Only NNESL rosters will be accepted at check-in (with the exception of Kennebunk/Marshwood/Kittery).
Same rules apply as regular season. Click here to view Roster Rules.
- If your team is planning on rostering Club Pass Players, you must email your roster (including guest player information) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, June 10th at 6pm*
- *Deadline for U19 divisions will be 24 hrs prior to scheduled semifinal games.
- Club Pass Players can only be rostered from a younger team or lower division from your club.
- In the spirit of the game, Club Passes should not be used to gain an advantage in the playoffs (for example, if a team regularly used a club pass during the regular season, the team should use the club pass in the same way, or if a team is missing players who cannot make it for the playoffs, then the passes could be used to allow the team to have substitutes for a game). Teams using Club Pass players must submit their rosters by email to the league by Thursday prior to your playoff game.
Saturday Semifinals: All teams are required to check in with NNESL staff at the facility where their game will take place 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Staff will be available at each playoff site.
Sunday Finals: All teams are required to check in with NNESL staff 30 minutes prior to kickoff at the table/tent at Roger Allen Park.
Teams failing to check in on time may result in a forfeited game.
Playoff Host Sites
- Oyster River United/Tibbetts Field - all 9v9 games
- Fremont - 11v11 games
- Brentwood Rec - 11v11 games
- Exeter Rec - 11v11 games
- RYSA/Roger Allen Park, Rochester - Finals, all divisions
Game Length, Overtime/PKs
U11-U12 Divisions: 2 x 30 minute halves
U13 & U14 Divisions: 2 x 35 minute halves
U15 & U16 Divisions: 2 x 40 minute halves
U17-U19 Divisions: 2 x 45 minute halves
Overtime: Two 5-minute periods, Golden Goal. If tied after both overtime periods, game will progress to Penalty Kicks.
*The league reserves the right to amend the game length or suspend overtime and proceed directly to PKs due to weather or other conditions the league deems necessary.
U11 & U12: Size 4
U13-U19: Size 5
Game balls will be provided by the home team/higher seed (as listed first on the schedule).
FineDesigns will be on-site for Sunday's Fiinals with NNESL-branded playoff apparel!
NO PETS are allowed at any of the tournament facilities. Anyone with pets will be asked to leave the facility.
NO SMOKING/NO ALCOHOL is allowed at any of the tournament facilities. This includes the parking lot. Anyone found to be smoking/consuming alcohol will be removed from the tournament facility.
Players ejected or coaches dismissed from a match will be removed from the entire playoff tournament and will not be allowed to return/participate.
Please Note: Face masks/coverings are recommended when social distancing cannot be maintained.
Withdrawal Due to COVID-19
Please click here for the policy regarding process if a team should need to withdraw due to a COVID-19 situation.
Thank you and good luck to all teams!